Official Rules for JustLetMeSing.com Inaugural Contest
These are the official rules (the "Official Rules") for the JustLetMeSing.com "Promotion".
The Promotion is sponsored by Just Let Me Sing, LLC. (the "Sponsor").
These rules are for season 1 of the contest. Season 2 rules have not yet been released yet.
1. The winner is the artist who makes it through every elimination round without being eliminated.
The number of artists who get eliminated each round is at the sole discretion of Just Let Me Sing, LLC.
The suggested order of elimination is as follows.
Entry deadline is 11:59pm, November 30th, 2010.
Round 1 - Everyone in the competition - Public rating is open.
Round 2 - Everyone is eliminated except the top 200 - Public rating begins December 17th, 2010.
Round 3 - Everyone is eliminated except the top 140 - Public rating begins December 28th, 2010.
Round 4 - Everyone is eliminated except the top 70 - Public rating begins January 11th, 2011.
Round 5 - Everyone is eliminated except the top 35 - Public rating begins January 25th, 2011.
Round 6 - Everyone is eliminated except the top 20 - Public rating begins February 1st, 2011.
Round 7 - Everyone is eliminated except the top 12 - Public rating begins February 15th, 2011.
Round 8 - Everyone is eliminated except the top 6 - Public rating begins March 1st, 2011.
Round 9 - Everyone is eliminated except the top 3 - Public rating begins March 15th, 2011.
Competition Ends - Public rating ends March 29th, 2011. Winner is announced.
Any of the dates of these rounds or deadlines can be changed at the discretion of Just Let Me Sing, LLC.
2. VIDEO CLIPS:
In Round 1, everyone contestant is allowed to have a 20 second video clip. Any video over 20 seconds will be either shortened to
20 seconds or rejected. Exceptions are allowed a the sole discretion of Just Let Me Sing, LLC. Beginning in Round 2 every contestant who is not eliminated will be ask to upload a new video to JustLetMeSing.com that will be their publicly rated video for that round. The 20 second time limit may be extended at that time. In each new round, all the contestants who have not been eliminated will be asked to record and upload a new video to the web site. In any round, Just Let Me Sing, LLC reserves the right to reject any video for any reason. Possible reasons may include foul language or content inappropriate for minors.
The Promotion is open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia (EXCLUDING PUERTO RICO, OTHER UNITED STATES TERRITORIES, AND FOREIGN TERRITORIES), who are thirteen (13) years of age or older as of the date of entry.
NON_UNITED STATES AND DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA ENTRANTS (INCLUDING PUERTO RICO AND OTHER UNITED STATES TERRITORIES) AGE 13 OR OLDER, MAY PLAY IN THE PROMOTION BUT PRIZES ARE SUBJECT TO LOCAL LAWS. ELIGIBLITY FOR PRIZES FOR NON-U.S. RESIDENTS IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE USER. Registration requires a fee and is further described below. The following are not eligible for the Promotion:
(i) employees and agents of Sponsor and Presenter and their respective parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, and each of their respective
advertising/promotion agencies; and (ii) the "immediate family members" and/or "household members" of
any of the persons set forth in (i) above. "Immediate family members" shall mean parents, step_parents, children,
step_children, siblings or spouses. "Household members" shall mean people who share the same residence at least three (3) months a year. The Promotion is void where prohibited by law. Participation in the Promotion constitutes Entrant's full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and to Sponsor's decisions. The decisions of the Sponsor regarding all matters relating to the Promotion are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. From all eligible entries received, the winners will be determined based on the ratings of their singing ability by the public at JustLetMeSing.com
4. PROMOTION PERIOD: The Promotion begins on July 17th, 2010 at 10:00am Eastern Time and ends on March 8th, 2011 (the "Promotion Period"). For purposes of these Official Rules, all times are Eastern Time ("ET").
5. REGISTRATION : To access the Promotion, log_on to JustLetMeSing.com, fill out a registration form, and upload a video clip. Alternatively, entrants may attend one of the JustLetMeSing.com sponsored auditions and allow us to record their audition video. Registrants do not need to pay an entry fee. Consenting to receive promotional emails or offers is optional and does not have to be agreed to in order to become a member or to win a prize. As a member, Entrant may enter the Promotion by first logging in to the system with Entrant's current username and password. Entrant may then be asked to answer survey questions or to consent to receive promotional emails or offers from the Sponsor. Answering survey questions or consenting to receive promotional emails is optional and does not have to be agreed to in order to be eligible to enter the Promotion or to win a prize.
A. Enter Online. Log on to Cavs Team Fantasy at Fantaseed.com during the Promotion Period complete your entry, then click on the "submit" button.
B. Limit. ONE ENTRY PER PERSON, GROUP, OR BAND IS ALLOWED (REGARDLESS OF THE NUMBER OF EMAIL ADDRESSES OR REGISTERED MEMBER ACCOUNTS). IF A PERSON ENTERS AS A MEMBER OF A GROUP, THEY MAY NOT ALSO ENTER AS AN INDIVDUAL. A person can entrer as a member of as many groups as they like, as long as the members that make up the group are different than any existing entry in the competition.
C. Void. Use of any automated system (e.g., robots, automatic, macro, programmed or like
entry methods) or submission of multiple entries is prohibited. Any attempt by any Entrant to use an automated system for either registration or rating may void all of that Entrant's entries, and render that person ineligible to receive any of the prizes. Entry materials/data that have been tampered with or altered are void.
D. Change of Email Address. It is the sole responsibility of the Entrant to
notify the Sponsor during the Promotion Period if his or her email address changes. An email will be sent to the winners. If you did not receive a notification fill out a support request.
E. Entry Errors. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, damaged, stolen, invalid, unintelligible or misdirected entries, which will be disqualified. Sponsor is not responsible for any unavailability of or interruptions to any service or equipment used in connection with the Promotion including, without limitation (1) interruptions to any network, server, Internet website, telephone, satellite, computer or other connections, (2) failures of any telephone, satellite, hardware, software or other equipment, (3) garbled, misdirected or jumbled transmissions, or traffic congestion, (4) other errors of any kind, whether human, technical, mechanical or electronic, or (5) the incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry or other information or the failure to capture any such information.
F. No Return of Entries; Disputes. Once submitted, entries become the sole property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or
returned. In the event of a dispute as to any entry, the authorized account holder, i.e., natural person, of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the registrant. Potential winners may be required to show proof of identification. Sponsor may require that the potential winner provide proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the email address and/or password associated with the winning entry.
A. General. In rounds #1 and #2 the general public will be allowed to view the video clip of each artist and rate their video from 1 to 10. A 1 is the worst rating. A 10 is the best. The entrants with the best average ratings will not be eliminated and move on the the next round.
B. How to perform ratings. Users of the web site JustLetMeSing.com will be asked to click on a box rating each entrant as a 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 or 10. After rating a entrant they will then be asked to rate another entrant until all entrants have been rated.
C. Users. A user is defined one individual person. Anyone in the world can be a user and rate entrants. Each user can only rate each video one time.
D. Voting System. In rounds #3 to #10 the general public will place votes on any singers it chooses. There will no longer be a 1 to 10 rating scale.
Each person with a registered username is given 100 points to use for voting each day. They can be registered as a singer or a rater. Users who do not wish to register are given 10 points each day. Half your points can be given to any one singer. The points can be distributed as you wish as long as you do not surpass 100 (or 10 if unregistered) each day.
For example, registered user john_doe decides to use 50 point to vote for his friend Jane Smith. He then views some other videos and decides to use 30 to vote for Gary Miller and 20 for Enrique Cordero. The next day he comes back to JustLetMeSing.com and votes 50 again for his friend Jane Smith and then decides not to use the other 50 that he has left for the day.
Each person can use 100 votes per day (50 per singer). Each household can use 400 votes per day (maximum 200 per singer). Attempts to circumvent this system may result in an entire group of votes being invalidated.
8. Ties. The pool of tied entrants is reduced until only one (1) potential winner remains by applying the rules below in the order listed. However, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, elect not to break a tie and instead to award prizes to all eligible winners (or to all eligible winners then remaining after applying one  or more tiebreaker rules).
These tiebreakers apply to deciding which contestants are not eliminated from each round. The first determination as stated previously is the average rating of the artist's current video.
Tiebreaker #1 - Number of total ratings received, regardless of the rating.
Tiebreaker #2 - The order in which the entrant's first video was received by JustLetMeSing.com. The earliest submitted video will win the tiebreaker.
Tiebreaker #1 - Number of total individuals who voted.
Tiebreaker #2 - The order in which the entrant's first video was received by JustLetMeSing.com. The earliest submitted video will win the tiebreaker.
The Grand Prize Winner Receives
A. A professional demo recording by The Record Shop recording studio in Hermitage, TN..
B. A performance on BalconyTV Nashville. BalconyTV is a performance web site with over 10 million video views to date.
C. A Virtual Radio Tour from CMC Promotions valued at over $5,000. The Virtual Radio Tour allows artists to promote their songs to radio stations across the country without the need to visit every station in person.
D. - An evaluation by PLC Records. PLC Records was named Music Row's Small Record Label of the Year in 2009.
- One prize will be given to the contestant who makes it furthest in the competition from each genre. The genre categories are Pop, Rock, Country, R&B, Christian/Contemporary, and Other. The winner of each genre will receive a Virtual Radio Tour from CMC Promotions valued at over $5,000.
C. Substitution; Taxes. No cash or other prize substitution, assignment or transfer of prizes permitted, except at Sponsor's sole discretion due to prize unavailability. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize with one of comparable value or greater value (e.g., Sponsor may opt instead to award the cash equivalent, up to but not greater than the ARV, of any prize in lieu of the prize itself). THE WINNER IS SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL TAXES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL TAXES ASSOCIATED WITH THE RECEIPT OR USE OF ANY PRIZE.
D. Prize Delivery. Grand Prize winner should allow up to 2 weeks after they return their signed, notarized affidavit to receive their prize. Prizes returned as undeliverable or otherwise not claimed within fourteen (14) days after being sent will be forfeited. All remaining Prize Winners will be sent prizes via U.S. Mail. Certain gift card restrictions may apply.
E. No Warranty. Entrants acknowledge that Sponsor and its respective
agencies or related companies have not made nor are in any manner responsible
for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or
in law, relative to any prize, including but not limited to its quality.
10. POTENTIAL WINNERS.
ALL POTENTIAL WINNERS ARE SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY SPONSOR, WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL. SPONSOR SHALL SOLELY DETERMINE ANY FORM OF VERIFICATION. AN ENTRANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE UNLESS AND UNTIL ENTRANT'S ELIBIGILITY AND THE POTENTIAL WINNING ENTRY HAS BEEN VERIFIED AND ENTRANT HAS BEEN NOTIFIED THAT VERIFICATION IS COMPLETE. SPONSOR WILL NOT ACCEPT SCREEN SHOTS, AFFIDAVITS OR OTHER EVIDENCE OF WINNING IN LIEU OF ITS VALIDATION PROCESS. ANY ENTRY THAT OCCURS AFTER THE SYSTEM HAS FAILED FOR ANY REASON MAY BE DEEMED A DEFECTIVE ENTRY AND VOID.
B. "Prize Notice" via Email or Mail. Potential winners will be notified via email (or overnight mail), or telephone, sent approximately three (3) days following the end of the Promotion Period. Entrants are responsible for insuring that all mailing and email information is up to date and accurate.
C. Alternate Potential Winners; Disqualification. A potential winner will be disqualified and an alternate potential winner will be selected (i.e., the person with the next most points) if (i) he/she does not comply with these Official Rules (or is otherwise determined to be ineligible), (ii) he/she does not respond to the prize notice within five (5) days of its transmission (or receipt, if mailed), or if the emailed prize notice, after three (3) attempts, is returned as undeliverable, or (iii) the prize is undeliverable for any reason. If Sponsor notifies, or seeks to deliver a prize to or otherwise attempts to contact an alternate potential winner, and such alternate potential winner is subsequently disqualified, then Sponsor shall use its reasonable business judgment to determine, in its sole discretion, the disposition of the
prize (e.g., may choose another alternate potential winner in a manner consistent with these Official Rules or donate the prize to another entity, or not award the prize, at its sole discretion). A winner may also be disqualified if it has been determined that they tried to manipulate the system through programmatic or automated means as discussed above. They can also be disqualified if they have found a way to change the system so that the average ratings are inconsistent with the integrity of this contest.
If a potential winner is a minor in his/her jurisdiction of primary residence, potential winner's parent/legal guardian must execute all documents and agree to all obligations and undertakings required of the potential winner in these Official Rules, both on behalf of himself/herself and the potential winning minor. Failure to comply with these requirements may cause the prize to be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner. Prize may be awarded in the name of, or to, parent/legal guardian.
E. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION. As a condition of receiving a Grand Prize, the potential winner may be required to complete, sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release, and, except where prohibited, a Publicity Release, within five (5) days of the date stated on the prize notification.
F. RELEASE. By participating in this Promotion or receiving a prize, Entrants (and in particular, winners) agree to release, indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor, and its respective related companies, and all of their company's officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the "Released Parties") for any liability, injury, death, loss or damages to Entrant or any person or entity, including without limitation damage to personal or real property, caused in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, by participation in this Promotion (or related activities) or the acceptance, possession or use/misuse of a prize (including any travel or activity related to the prize, if applicable).
G. Publicity. Except where prohibited, participation in this Promotion constitutes winner's consent to Sponsor's and its agents' use of winner's name, likeness, voice, opinions and biographical information for publicity, advertising, trade or promotional purposes in any media or manner, now known or hereafter devised, worldwide, without further payment, consideration, notice or approval. Winning does not give Just Let Me Sing, LLC any ownership in previously recorded material by the artist that was not used in the contest.
11. CONTEST MODIFICATION: Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify, cancel, terminate or suspend this Promotion without advance notice for any reason including, without limitation, if (i) viruses, bugs, unauthorized human intervention, fraud, technical failure or other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Promotion; or (ii) earthquake, flood, fire, storm or other natural disaster, act of God, labor controversy or threat thereof, civil disturbance or commotion, disruption of the public markets, war or armed conflict (whether or not officially declared). In the event of a cancellation or termination the
Entrant who has accumulated the highest average rating (and who wins any pending tiebreakers) at the time of any said action will be awarded the prize, or the prizes will be awarded in such other manner deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsor.
12. GAMBLING PROHIBITION: This Promotion is strictly for entertainment purposes and may not be used in connection with any form of gambling.
13. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY. The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment, hardware, software or programming associated or used with the Promotion; (2) technical errors, defects, delays or failures of any kind including, without limitation, malfunctions, interruptions or disconnections in communications lines, Internet or website access, hardware or software; (3) digital or electronic disruptions, e.g., viruses other security breaches; (4) unauthorized human intervention, e.g., hacking; (5) technical or human error which may occur in connection with any aspect of the Promotion; (6)
any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from Entrant's participation in the Promotion, access to, copying or downloading materials from Just Let Me Sing, LLC. or any other website, or receipt or use of any prize.
14. DISPUTES/CHOICE OF LAW. Except where prohibited, each Entrant agrees that: (i) all issues and questions concerning these Official Rules shall be governed by New York law without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of law of any jurisdiction; (ii) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action at law or in equity arising out of or relating to this Promotion or any prize awarded shall be (A) resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and (B) filed only in the state or federal courts situated in New York County,
New York state, i.e., Manhattan, and Entrant hereby consents and submits to the personal jurisdiction of such courts for the purposes of litigating any such disputes, claims or causes of action; (iii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out_of_pocket costs incurred, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (iv) under no circumstances will any Entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, special, consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out_of_pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased.
16. OFFICIAL RULES; WINNERS LISTS. For a copy of these Official Rules and/or a list of winners, fill out a support request and include your email address. Winners will also be posted on the web site.
The Promotion and all accompanying materials are copyright (c) 2010 Just Let Me Sing, LLC.
Questions may be sent to the email address on the JustLetMeSing.com FAQ page.